“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders. We have to resist protectionism [and] other kinds of barriers to market access and to trade.”- Hillary Clinton
This statement by Hillary Clinton was made to a Brazilian bank, Unibanco Itau, in one of her famous speeches to the banking industry and Wall Street. Speeches that she has taken consistent steps to hide from the American people.
Can anyone imagine what the United States would look like in four years, under Hillary Clinton, with just open borders, completely ignoring the needs of the American people? How many hundreds of millions of people would flood through our borders if the United States had no concerns regarding our sovereignty? Let’s look at the numbers currently representing our immigration system today.
- In 2014 there were almost 60 million refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs) around the globe. Put another way, that’s one in every 122 people worldwide. Put yet another way, that’s roughly the equivalent of the entire population of Italy being pushed out of their homes.
- Estimated number of illegals residing within the US today range between 11.4 – 40 million.
- In 2014 alone, there were 181 million non-immigrant admissions (primarily tourists, business travelers, and international students).
- The Diversity Visa Lottery admits 55,000 people annually.
- In 2014, 1,016,518 foreign nationals became lawful permanent residents (LPRs), also known as green-card holders, according to DHS data.
- Each year, the USCIS receives and processes about 6 million immigration applications from individuals and employers.
- One immigration expert estimated the USCIS will receive at least 160,000 applications in 2014 for the 85,000 available H-1B visas.
The Migration Policy Institute says the Affordable Care Act, Obamacare, has increased health insurance coverage of immigrants, especially noncitizens, at a greater rate than the U.S. born population.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the number of people unemployed in the U.S in 2016 is 7.9 million. Americans forced into part-time work, for lack of full-time jobs, hits 5.9 million. The labor participation rate is at the lowest since World War II.
Currently teachers throughout the U.S. are experiencing overcrowding in their classrooms, averaging 40 children per class. As stated in an article by Teach Hub.com, “Classroom Overcrowding: Not Just a Numbers Game,” says:
“Where we used to lack space, now we now lack seats within rooms. Kids sit on counters, on the floors, wherever they can find a space. Teachers struggle to be heard above the din of 40 plus kids, and kids struggle to hear the teacher and keep up with instruction. While we’re racing to the top and leaving no child behind, we’re burying them.”
According to a report (“Estimated Cost of K-12 Public Education for Unaccompanied Alien Children”) from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) that came out in August, 2014.
“The total estimated cost of educating illegal alien minors during the upcoming school year for all states and the District of Columbia is $761,405,907. New York topping the list with $147,731,339, Texas with $77,655,584, California with $63,908,143, Maryland with $67,937,602, New Jersey with $57,698,181, Florida with $56,773,589, and Virginia with $54,182,412.”
Now, with just these figures alone, imagine what the United States would be like with open borders. Our education system would fall to overcrowding, our healthcare system, now failing under the Affordable Care Act would implode, our current low employment market would open to hundreds of millions of new individuals searching for jobs. Our communities and neighborhoods would be overflowing with people needing a place to live. Is this really the America you imagine? Probably not, but it is the America Hillary dreams about.